7 Essential Web Development Tools
Quickstart's IT bootcamps & IT certifications help you get a new or better career. We partner with top technology companies and universities.
Web development has significantly evolved in just a few short years. This progress gives developers the ability to using highly tested libraries to enhance their workflow and also enjoy unlimited possibilities when working on responsive design. With the constantly improving version control systems, developers can now build things that were seemingly impossible. From web plugins and browser add-ons to code streamlining processors, creating awesome web apps is possible.
WHAT IS FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPMENT
Identifying the best tools to get the job done can be confusing because they are varieties of web development tools and more being added regularly. We have created an unbiased list of the seven most essential front-end web development tools.
This might come as a surprise because several people aren’t aware that Ionic 2 is not meant for the development of cross-platform mobile applications. Ionic 2 is also a great software for front-end web development. It can set up native and optimized web applications.
Here are some advantages of using Ionic 2 front-end web development tool:
- It is an open-source tool and completely free.
- Coded in Angular.
- In-built push notifications.
- Several available plugins.
- One codebase server multiple platforms.
- Good support from Slack and Stack OverFlow community.
Currently, Ionic 2 is a well-accepted multiple-platform development tool used as a startup to some of the top companies worldwide. Using Ionic2, you can create excellent applications in one codebase on any platform with the web.
This is another multi-platform source code editor and a front-end development tool that can handle several markup languages and programming languages.
Sublime Text features a super-efficient, well designed, and very fast user interface. You might argue that there are several tools with similar functionalities, but Sublime Text is the best and most popular of them all.
Here are some advantages of the app:
- It is compatible with several TextMate language grammars.
- Developers are allowed to set precise project preferences.
- It gives the python-based plugin API.
- Simultaneous editing allows turning identical interactive changes to several areas.
Its multiple varieties of keyboard shortcuts are the secrete behind the success of this tool. These shortcuts give it the ability to carry out simultaneous editing as well as swift navigation to symbols, files, and lines. Developers who spend hours editing texts would surely appreciate the functionalities of Sublime Text.
- Control private and public code with the same workflow
- Control access and publish to the namespace
- Promote discovery and reuse of code within teams
- Over 470,000 free code packages to discover and reuse in the registry
- Efficient in developing applications
- Variety of in-built features that contain front-end libraries and NODE.js server
- Project development time is significantly sped up
- Ability to refresh only the needed DOM elements using its live reloading feature.
For years now, this has been one of the best front-end development tools. Since its release, it has had several version updates and has improved and risen to become popular in the web development industry. It has 54,829 stars on GitHub, and a vast community of developers to provide support. To effectively use this tool, you need a frontend web development Bootcamp.
Some advantages of using Angular:
- Excellent solution for single page dynamic applications
- Fast development process
- A large amount of client-side code
- Advanced testing features
- Demands less code
Top developers use backbone.js to build single-page apps (SPAs). This tool has a lot of plugins and extensions, and a friendly community of developers. Top companies such as LinkedIn, Walmart, Soundcloud, and Disqus used Backbone to develop their applications.
Advantages of using Backbone:
- Allows developers to create client-side mobile and web applications
- Backbone makes code systematic, simple and organized; it is the backbone for any project
- It controls the data model (the user data and displays it on the server-side)
- Allows creating one-page applications
- It has libraries used to differentiate user interface and business logic
Web development tools aren’t limited to only web developers but can also be used by individuals who have some coding knowledge through frontend web development Bootcamp. Some of these tools have very friendly interfaces, and their concepts are easy to understand, and they are very effective for web development.
Each website and web application have its peculiar requirements, and using the right development tool would get the job properly done.
These web development tools can make your website/web app:
- Easy to use